Sunday, July 13, 2008

7/11/08

Today, to celebrate the fact that it was Friday, and that we are legitimate adults, Beth and I decided to get our beer on. A trip to the Hoffbrau House in Newport to start with, where we had a minibucket of non beer (fruity deliciousness) and a ate our beer in cheese fry form. It's funny, I think beer might be the single greatest ingredient when it comes to cooking, but I never seem to be that big of a fan of the drinkable kind.


At the very least, the sunset was very pretty, and matched the fruitiness of our drink. I have to say, this was the first time I have been to HB without a large group, and it seemed to be missing something... namely a large group.

Afterwards, in a quest to find the honey deliciousness of mead we went to the Party Source, my favorite store ever (more so than Pottery Barn!) Apparenty they don't carry mead in the sense we wanted, so we had to settle for some awesome random beer and a bottle of American Honey (if you don't know what that is, I'm sorry we can't be friends anymore....). Once again attempted to remember which of the 4 kinds of Franziskaner is the one I heart so much, but when they are warm... well its hard to do.

Please excuse the blurry pictures. Consider them to be beer-goggle pics. We were very very excited about the above, but regret to inform you its so bitter it was practically unquaffable.

No comments: