Monday, July 21, 2008

Tattoo Observations

I've been getting that itch again. I feel a tattoo coming on. I meant to get one after all my travels to commemorate them but never did. I meant to get one after college to celebrat that but still didn't. Now I think I might celebrate my steady job... who knows.

But for voting purpouses, here are the three choices I'm eyeing and their meanings if applicable.




This is Bismillah (or Basmala) It's Arabic for "In the name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful" a phrase that opens every chapter in the Quran. (I dont know why the picture turned out all black, but if you click on it, it shows normal)



This is an ogham inscription that reads "A blessing on the soul of L." Convienently my name is L. Ogham is an early medieval alphabet used to represent Old Irish. It was found on the Buckquoy spindle-whorl in Orkney, Scotland.


I think compass roses are bitchin... I traveled alot....

2 comments:

susan lutz said...

you know i dont like tatoos but the first one is the best one of the three

Kat said...

Well, I didn't really realize we were voting, so boo on you! :-)

But I'd go with the compass, just because with the bismillah there are certain cultural and religious aspects to wearing it as a tattoo and as a non-Mulim that I'm realizing now. Or the Orkney one, but that might always have to explained ALL the time.