Wednesday, September 24, 2008

9/24/08




Today we celebrate:



Captain Raptor
and the Space Pirates
By Kevin O'Malley and Patrick O'Brien



I'm sorry what's that? This book is about raptors!? And pirates!? AND spaceships!?! AND IT'S WRITTEN LIKE A GRAPHIC NOVEL?!?!!? OMG....


Sorry, had to recover. My brain exploded from all the awesome that was flying out of this book.

With awesome anthropomorphic (no really that's what the reviews on the Amazon say, as if people don't take after raptors and not the other way around!) characters, text panels and enough onomatopoeia explosions for even me, this book is ROCKING!

I'll leave you with the most commonly used cliffhanger of the book:

"Could this be the end of Captain Raptor?"

3 comments:

Kat said...

You do realize I'm taking notes, right? Just in case I ever have to read books to small children, I'm going to refer to these marvelous suggestions...

Laura said...

Then Captain Raptor is the book for you! It's FANTASTIC!

Thomas said...

sorry i didn't even know you had a blog. An PS that book is amazing, do you have it or does the library have it?