Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Reason #87 I'm Glad I still have my job:

My favorite kid is in kindergarten now, so he isn't coming to story time anymore.


But he did come to my Swashbuckler's Academy program a few weeks ago (You know, for International Talk Like a Pirate Day!)


We had a great time. I told them my best pirate jokes:


"What's a pirates favorite body part?"
        "His arrrrrrrrrm!"
"How does a pirate get to work?"
        "In his carrrrrrrrrr!"
"What branch of the military does a pirate join"
        They say "The arrrrrrrrrmy!" and I say "No! The navy!"


And then I made the mistake of asking if anyone else knew a pirate joke.


This is what I get. From a six year old.


"A pirate walks into a bar
The bartender said 'Hey, what are you doing with that steering wheel on your nuts?'
The pirate said 'It be driving me nuts'"



I looked it up, it was supposed to go something like this:


"A pirate walks into a bar.
The bartender says 'Hey, do you know you have a steering wheel attached to the front of your pantaloons?'
The pirate says 'Yarrr..... it's driving me nuts.'"

The other kids and their parents stared on in gap mouthed amazement...
 






No comments: