Thursday, September 10, 2009

ROYAL Book Review

I got my first batch of ROYAL review books!
I get awesome free books, and all I have to do is review them for the publishers! Some of them I already had on hold for myself! Of course, since the library paid for my membership I guess I'm suppose to donate them to the system... supposedly....




Geektastic: Stories from the Nerd Herd
edited by Holly Black and Cecil Castellucci

Because, yes, being a nerd rocks. And not just because I'm in love with the character Chuck from NBC's Chuck, who happens to work in the 'Nerd Herd.'

It is time to embrace our inner awesome, so check out this sweet Venn diagram to figure out where your awesome lives.




The Warriors: Power of Three #6- Sunrise
by Erin Hunter

I've never read any of the Warrior books, they always freaked me out a little bit, but now is as good a time as any to start. I hate starting in the middle of series...




Which is a problem with my next book as well..
Vampire Kisses #6- Royal Blood
by Ellen Schreiber

Apparently not to be confused with The Vampire Diaries (I got my stack of books and proceeded to run around excite because I get to read the book they made that horrible CW show about... You know the one where they have a 27 year old playing a high school student?)
Anyway, I can't read books in series out of order, its an OCD-type problem I have, so I ordered the first 5 books in the series.




The Reformed Vampire Support Group
by Catherine Jinks

I don't know what else to say about this book, other than I'm excited that maybe it might about angsty teens getting over their obsession with the vamp life and moving on. Mind you, I'm not holding my breath on the matter, but you never know.



The Diamond Secret
by Suzanne Weyn

Jessica loves the "Once Upon a Time" series. I was supposed to read their Beauty and the Beast but never got around to it (don't tell her!). This one appear to be about Anastasia... Which is not a fairy tale... It's an urban legend. Sooo, I'm a little up in the air about it. I love the retelling of stories, but this might be a bit much.







8 comments:

Kat said...

Man the Warriors books are SUPER popular here in Lander... like right up there with the Manga graphic novels (which are pretty neat, by the way)!

Laura said...

What is need, the manga or the warriors? they go out a ton with the 3-5th grade girls, i just dislike the covers and thus have never bothered to read them.

Kat said...

The Manga... like "neat" culturally... they are just so... Japanese. They have historic contexts and take elements from historic Japanese art and poetry and are all written backwards and stuff!

Laura said...

lol, clearly you're new to this... "neat" rapidly turns into "damnit why cant they just make these things hardbound! I'm so sick of gluing them back together!" and "No, I'm sorry we don't have Fruits Basket 7 and 15 and 21 and 45; perhaps you should ask your friend what happened to them.. that's right, I can see in your record punk, I know you've been billed!" Followed by "Cut your hair you damn retard! Just because it looks adorable on a cute little japanese girl with huge eyes does not mean that it is a look for you. SHES NOT REAL!!!!"

No really tho, I'm thinking of starting our Anime club back up, so I don't hate them too bad much.... They do fall apart damn easy tho.

Deno said...

I really like the retelling of stories (though perhaps not so much the princessy ones), but Anastasia? Really? The real life story is so perfectly tragic that the urban legend seemed disrespectful to me. Based solely on the cover, the Diamond Secret will not do justice to the source material (unless she is taken out back and shot, then buried in an unmarked grave).

Anonymous said...

Hello !.
You re, I guess , probably curious to know how one can collect a huge starting capital .
There is no initial capital needed You may begin to receive yields with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you thought of all the time
The company incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with affiliates everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become an affluent person?
That`s your choice That`s what you desire!

I`m happy and lucky, I started to take up real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to choose a proper partner utilizes your savings in a right way - that`s it!.
I earn US$2,000 per day, and my first deposit was 1 grand only!
It`s easy to join , just click this link http://xurizenelo.s-enterprize.com/azysyp.html
and go! Let`s take our chance together to become rich

Anonymous said...

Hello !.
You may , perhaps curious to know how one can make real money .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may begin to get income with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you haven`t ever dreamt of such a chance to become rich
The firm incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with affiliates around the world.
Do you want to become a happy investor?
That`s your choice That`s what you really need!

I`m happy and lucky, I started to take up income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to choose a correct companion utilizes your funds in a right way - that`s it!.
I earn US$2,000 per day, and my first investment was 500 dollars only!
It`s easy to join , just click this link http://ilelokusib.freecities.com/ucydane.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take our chance together to get rid of nastiness of the life

Anonymous said...

Hello!
You may probably be very curious to know how one can make real money on investments.
There is no initial capital needed.
You may begin earning with a sum that usually goes
on daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
I have been participating in one project for several years,
and I'll be glad to share my secrets at my blog.

Please visit blog and send me private message to get the info.

P.S. I make 1000-2000 per day now.

http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]