Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Time's a'wastin'

Maybe its the weather, but I've been thinking time..... well about time. You know what I mean....
Time has been going so fast.
.
.
.
Where were you a year ago today?
I was in the aftermath of Hurricane.... well the only hurricane to ever hit Ohio.
.
Those 10 days without power are the some of the very best I can remember. I got paid even though I couldn't work. I ate delicious fire roasted meats for every meal. I showered outside under the sun. I had a whole house to myself to (well, not to myself, but I'm not complaining about my company).
.
.
.
Where were you two years ago today?
I got a great early birthday present!
.
Bella was the cutest kitten ever. And, while I can't convince Robert to take her back now, I don't honestly mean it every time I ask him.
.
.
.
Where were you five years ago today?
I was spending my last day in Japan.
.
Nuff said.
.
.
.
Time is just passing me by. Joey said it best in his blog:
"It's too late for the government to train me to be a weapon. For someone to approach me on the street, and to tell me I match a certain profile. I probably won't even learn another language well enough to speak it fluently. Giant crazed attack dogs won't ever suddenly act like scared puppies when they see me. I won't ever be a grandmaster of chess, either. I don't think at this stage I can even reasonably expect to make Expert. There are some things I regret as I get older, I guess. There are a ton of traditional ways to be bad-ass, and I missed the boat. But that's okay. It just means I have to be more creative. And then later that creativity will make people think I was an evil genius, instead of just so desperate for a world with monsters that I didn't mind becoming one myself. What I'm saying is - I stole an ice cream cone yesterday from the 7-11 and I have no regrets at all."

2 comments:

Kat said...

That photo of Japan is superb.

Nuff said.

Laura said...

why thank you. i recommend letting things like that sit in folders for 5 years. then you take it out in a fit of depression and edit them drunk. score.