Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Royal Books May 2010

Oh the hubbub in the ROYAL world. Book reviewing is now an exclusive club, and they are raising the admittance fee! Right now I believe the library pays $30 a year for me to read books, review them for the publishers and set them on their way into our system. But SWON has discovered that it costs the almost $16,000 a year for us to do this..... So, they want to raise our membership fees to $50.

I'm ok with this, but I know it won't fly with the CCPL peeps. But when you consider that I scored a haul of $131.96 in books for us today alone, (Since I started last September I've gotten $529.21 in free books ya'll), you think that shelling out $50 wouldn't matter.. but I digress.

I'm totally mad because Paula (who conveniently runs the meetings and thus declared herself first reader and thus first picker) snatched the unproofed preview copy of Linger by Maggie Stiefvater first thing. Sigh. I don't know how it is that I always get to pick last. Fail.

Anywho, this is what I scored this time:

First we have The Weed That Strings the Hangman's Bag by Alan Bradley. The first title in this series (The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie) was totally cute.

The Boy Who Couldn't Sleep and Never Had to by DC Pierson

Hard to Get by Emma Sarlson Berne (bleh)

Dancing for Degas By Kathryn Wagner


Thirst No. 2 by Christopher Pike (Since I already gont No. 1)

Birth Marked by Caragh M. O'Brien (This was my first choice)

Alice I Have Been by Melanie Benjamin (Amy wants to read this one for me)

And finally, last and totally not least:

The Flash: Rebirth by Geoff Johns and Ethan Van Sciver




No comments: