Sunday, September 19, 2010

T-shirt Upcycle Project

Mollie was the only one who answered my call for an up-cycle pen pal. She sent me not one, but two shirts, one for each catagory. If you recall the first was for a shirt you love but that is too nasty to wear anymore. The second was one you love to wear.

I didn't want to post just one half, but who knows when I'll get my hands on the things I need for the other part, so here is the first half of Mollie's present. Oh, and I know she doesn't read my blog, so don't tell her about it, I want it to be a surprise when she gets it!

So, unfortunately I didn't take too many before pictures, but here's the best I've got. As you can tell, this baby was wayyyyyy past the wearing point. I'd say ew, but I have way worse.


And this is what  I ended up with. Now, before you judge, I've never tried to embroider before. I think it might be awhile before I try again.



5 comments:

Kat said...

Ooo that's cool! I actually totally have a shirt sitting out for you for the up cycle thingy, but I keep not going to the post office. Can I still send it to you???

Thomas said...

I'm confused. Who are we mailing t-shirts too?

Laura said...

yeah you can send it to me. thomas, they're sending me shirts and i'm making things out of them.

Nicole Bonomini said...

Laura, that is so cool. You are so impressively talented. I don't know how to make pretty things. Awesome!

MZ said...

I DO read your blog occasionally missy. Very pretty, however, where is it? ;-)