Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Cheering Up

Do you need some cheering up? I need some cheering up. I've had a shit week. Scratch that, a shit summer. I was minding my own business, getting my pathetic wallow on, when I read this post from The Bloggess about saying screw it and being frivolously happy.

Frivouls might be out of my reach, but I can enjoy the internet.


These are the things that caught my internet eye this week.

1. This puppy from Katie Sokoler's blog Color Me Katie. It made me happy.



2. This video I found in the same post by TheBloggess- Lisztomania by Phoenix featuring the cast of every John Hughes movie ever. (Except Home Alone... or Maid in Manhattan... or Drill Bit Taylor... Poor John Hughes, he really lost it at the end.)


3. This shot of Joshua Jackson and Random Girl with No Eyebrows from Fringe. I don't particularly like Fringe, and I've never really liked Joshua Jackson much (although the Pacey Con video he made for Funny or Die during Comic-Con was pretty awesome), and I really hate the Girl with No Eyebrows... But everytime I scrolled through Hulu looking for something new to watch, this picture was there, catching my eye. Judge not, as I can't explain why.


Yes, I had to google how to take a screen shot... seriously, stop judging me.


4. Picking a new background image for my blog everyday. Go Blogger for finally getting something right.


5. The entirety of Better Book Covers, especially this one:


Also known as: Joy of Cooking by Irma S Rombauer


6. Number 6 is a late add on, but totally awesome, posted on facebook by my friend Nick:
Apollo 11 Saturn V Launch (HD) Camera E-8 from Mark Gray on Vimeo.




I plan to pick three things that make me happy every week. Be prepared. And maybe send me the things that make you happy... so they can make me happy too.

3 comments:

Amy said...

When I saw the book "Zombies vs. Unicorns", that made me pretty darn happy. The pencil sketches on the inside cover are awesome!!

http://www.amazon.com/Zombies-vs-Unicorns-Holly-Black/dp/1416989536

Laura said...

Ooo i forgot i got that today... its at the bottom of the box of stuff i had to smuggle out of the library after hours early this morning. that'll totally make tomorrow's list.

Thomas said...

awesomeness